Calvin Church adopted a new vision and focus in the spring of 2002. Since the creation of this new vision Calvin has experienced a new growth of people who lives have been changed by God's amazing grace.Our Vision of 'Seeking God's Heart & Sharing God's Love' grew out of Jesus' two teachings:
- To love God with all your heart, soul and mind.
- To love your neighbor as yourself.
Since 2002 Calvin Church has been actively seeking opportunities to seek God and to share God's love in today's culture.
- We seek God's face in our worship service on Sunday mornings. Our teachings are relevant to the problems in everyday life. We open up God's word (the bible) and believe it has the power to change lives.
- We meet in life groups (which are small groups that share life together) for a time of devotion, reflection, and accountability during the week. We believe these groups give people a place of genuine community where people can be real and authentic with one another.
- We have created a partnership with a local public school where we mentor, teach, and show our love to the kids, teachers, staff of the school.
- We have created and formulated our programs and ministries to build up our faith for people of all ages and stages in their relationship with God. Whether you grew up in a church or you are coming for the very first time; Calvin Church is a place for you to Seek and find God.
These are just some of the amazing things to report that our church is doing to make a difference in people's lives and within the community. We want to be a church that makes a difference. Check out the full history page in order to get a larger scope of where the church has been and where God is leading us.